Here's a fun recipe from eatbetteramerica.com - Cashew Chicken Firecrackers.
I've made these for dinner and as an appetizer and they're pretty tasty. I did tweak the recipe slightly here and there. For example, I only use one sheet of fillo at a time and the sauce they suggest....wasn't very good. So I just use some Orange Marmalade as a sauce, straight up.
1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup shredded carrots (2 small)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
4 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
1/2 package (8 oz) frozen fillo dough sheets, thawed
Olive oil cooking spray or 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix chicken, bell pepper, carrots, cashews, onions, marmalade and garlic-pepper blend; set aside.
2. Work with 1 fillo sheet at a time. On work surface, spray with cooking spray (2 seconds). Cut in half lengthwise, forming 2 rectangles.
3. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon chicken mixture on short end of each rectangle. Roll up; twist about 1 inch from each end, sealing tube and forming firecracker shape. Place seam side down on cookie sheet.
4. Repeat with remaining fillo sheets and chicken mixture. Spray tops of appetizers with cooking spray (1 second for 2 appetizers).
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crisp and brown.