Monday, February 7, 2011

Nursing Pillow Cover

This project has been in my backlog for quite some time. I mean, I didn't NEED a new cover but I had bought all the stuff to make it several months ago because I thought it would be nice to have a new cover. I guess my reason for putting it off was because zippers are a little intimidating.

(the old cover and my first child)

Anyway, over the weekend the zipper on my nearly four year old cover gave up the ghost. And even though I'm going to be giving up nursing here in like, three weeks (seriously), I knew that having the broken zipper edges flapping in the breeze would drive me nut-so.

So, using the tutorial over at Grosgrain I made this beauty:

I think I could have made a better fabric choice - if you look at it for too long you might start seeing dinosaurs in 3D or somethin'. And I totally messed up on the whole sewing aspect, of course, but hey, that's me.

No comments: