Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Knitting Needle Roll

I can finally post this since this was a gift for my sister and she got it yesterday.

I got the idea as I was browsing tutorials online. This is the one I followed at madebyloulabelle, though there are lots of different ones out there. They all follow the same basic concept.

Anyway, I thought this was the perfect thing to make my sister because if she's anything like me (and she is) she's got a million knitting needles sittin' around and nothing cool to put them in. Except for me, it's crochet hooks. Seriously, I've got, like, 30 or 40 of them. That's on my project list - a crochet hook roll for me!

So I saw this gorgeous fabric on Joann's website and fell in love. They have several Asian inspired prints that are lovely. However, after shipping it would have been $12 a yard or so. The cheapskate in me just couldn't do it!

Lucky for me that there are several Joann's within reasonable driving distance and one of them had this fabric on the shelf.

I had to be really careful with the dimensions here. Making a rectangle is not as easy as you would think. Me and straight lines don't get along. I have problems people!

Here's what the pockets look like on the inside (that blur on the right is my daughter flailing her hand - what can you do?):


I thought it turned out really well. Go me!

Perhaps Tammy can post a picture with actual needles in it since I had none to put in as an example....

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You have NONE?! Yeah, I'll see what I can do.

Stacy said...

I have some...but they're in storage....