Thursday, March 21, 2013

Halloween 2012 - Tinker Bell & Rapunzel




Still  working on stuff I did last year... Someday I will catch up. But I'm finally getting around to the Halloween costumes I made for the girls last year. 

Miss Tinker Bell herself.


I didn't plan as well this time, so instead of getting done a month early, I was literally hot gluing flowers to Madeline's wig the DAY OF Halloween. I'd only finished Madeline's dress the day before. My stress level was pretty high. In my defense, I was a little distracted with my infant son, but this year I'm determined to start and finish early again!




I used McCall's pattern number M4887 for the fairy dress and made my own pattern for the wings, using the method outlined in the pattern (I thought the wing pattern included was too round!). I also made some bloomers that go to the knee to wear underneath the dress, which you can sort of see in the second picture from the top - those weren't part of the pattern either. 


For Rapunzel, I used Simplicity pattern number 2065. I didn't bother making the yarn wig. I just bought a long blond wig from Amazon (and glued flowers into it, as I mentioned earlier). 


With the wig.


Did I mention this is an adult sized wig? And it STILL didn't quite fit. My child has the biggest head ever.





Trick or treating. 




fin.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Love those girls so much! And you are such an amazing seamstress!! Great pics!