Thursday, November 21, 2013

Corduroy and Plaid Dress

It's been a long time since I posted anything. I was kind of surprised that my last post was only three months ago. It seems like it's been longer.

I have been crafting, as usual. I've had birthdays and Halloween and Christmas prep. Also, I've been doing NaNoWriMo - again. And I started a new blog about writing, though I've been slacking a little there, too.

Alas, this is always my busiest time of the year. The time of year when I do too much. And then add a little more on top.

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to try to post some of the projects I've been doing over the last few months (and maybe even the year - who knows).

Today, I'm sharing this cute little dress I made for my niece, who is one and adorable (adorableness kind of goes without saying, but I'm saying it).

So, last Christmas, I promised my sister I'd make her little girl a dress...and then I forgot. And because she knows how busy I can get, she didn't say anything. But then I remembered a couple months ago (pre-Halloween), felt terrible and put it on my "To Do" list.

On Sunday, I finally got around to it.

I used McCall's Pattern # M5791, which I've used once before...years ago! It was the first dress I'd ever made. I liked it - but I think this dress turned out much better.

I constructed the little pinstriped section down the front myself.... (fabric and flower buttons from JoAnn's).


And then made the skirt longer with the plaid panel at the bottom.


I also only looked at the instructions once or twice to make sure I had the seam allowances right. Proof that I kind of know what I'm doing now. Huzzah for me!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm sure Daphne will love it... she loves dressing up!

Stacy said...

I didn't want to make it too frilly, so she could play in it. :)