Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DIY Valentines


We usually don't do anything for Valentine's day, but this year we were invited to a Valentine's Day party (!), so I decided to step outside my comfort zone and make some Valentines!

Madeline and I combed over my Valentine's day Pinterest board and she wanted glowsticks! (What kid doesn't, right?)

There were a couple of examples of the ones with a 'heart' - I decided to make my own in Inkscape (you can have a generic one for free HERE). Some scissors, two hole punches and a glowstick later - voilĂ , homemade valentines!


For Evie's, I came up with something of my very own! Since I usually don't have good paper-craft ideas, I was very excited about this.

All you need is a balloon and a piece of ribbon. One hole punch at the bottom and pull the opening of the balloon through the hole and tie the ribbon around it.


You're probably wondering, "Why Green?!? It's Valentine's Day!" Well, I just happen to have green and white balloons for a little someone's upcoming birthday party and I'm too lazy to go get different ones....

Besides, green's awesome, if you didn't already know.


All that matters is that my baby likes 'em, right? This face says it all.....I think...


The best part? I have printables for this one, too! In many colors! 

Happy Valentine's Day!


 Free Balloon Valentine Printables: Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Orange, & Red.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the balloon Valentine's! They are so cute!