Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mermaid Halloween Costume - Part 1, Fish bag

This year for Halloween, my firstborn wanted to be a blue mermaid.



I'm planning to do a post for each step in the process since I did several things for this costume. The first thing I'm going to talk about is her little fish bag.

When I asked Madeline what kind of treat bag she wanted she said 'A fish!', and I'm like 'Really? You don't want something classier than that?'...

She really wanted a fish.... so after thinking about it for a couple of days, I got to work.

I made a fish pattern and then used fabric scraps and sequins left over from her costume. I whipped it together pretty fast. If you've done lined bags before, it's the same concept, just, err, fish shaped. I hand sewed the sequins on after finishing the bag.

The 'eyes' are buttons I got from my grandmother. They're older than I am.

No comments: